We only expected this update in a few days. Google may surprise with a rollout that delays our bed rest. There are probably over 100 changes in here.
Google is updating the Pixel 6 phones. The January update also includes the December update – without the bugs. It brings a good 100 improvements.
We have to make it short late on Friday evening. Google has now surprisingly released the January update for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. It probably also includes the fixes from the December patch,which Google had suspendedin the meantime due to serious problems. In addition, there would have to be bug fixes for mobile phone problems, which many owners of the devices have had to experience since the December update.
If you do not want to wait any longer for the automatic update, you can also install it manually.
In addition, the following very recent changes/innovations are included in the January update:
- On multiple Pixel phones including Pixel 6
- Fixed an issue where the screen was unlocked after a missed call when no screen lock is set up.
- General bug fixes and improvements for the network
- Fixed an issue that prevents emergency calls under certain conditions while some third-party apps are installed.
- Fixed an issue that prevents Pixel Stand setup from starting under certain conditions after updating apps.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect data usage billing in the network menu on some networks.
- Fixed an issue where a black border appeared when the Assistant overlay on the lock screen was closed.
- Fixed an issue that caused a memory leak in the system user interface under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the navigation bar was hidden under certain conditions when changing device orientation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the PIP window to render incorrectly for certain apps.
Only on the Pixel 6
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wi-Fi network to disconnect under certain conditions.