In an era that is starting to be completely digital like today, the need for the internet is indeed increasing and becoming a priority.
In addition, a fast or slow internet connection is also a separate consideration for users to avoid obstacles when accessing.
To find out how smoothly the internet connection is being used, you can find out the internet speed through the following five websites.
Internet speed checker test
- The site to check the speed of the first internet connection is Speedtest.net which was developed by Ookla Montana, United States.
- Speedtest which was first released in 2006 can test internet performance for cellular and WiFi.
- To use speedtest, you can simply access the link https://www.speedtest.net/ or open the app on your phone, then click 'GO' in the middle of the screen.
- After that, wait a while, until all the results of the internet speed have been checked.
- In fact, your speedtest results can be shared to various social media networks. Some of the terms used on speedtest sites are:
- PING is the response time of the internet connection when sending a request, where PING is measured in milliseconds.
- If the PING value on the results of your internet speed check is low, it means the internet connection is very good, and vice versa.
- Download speed is a term to define the connection speed used when downloading files or data.
- The number on the download speed shows how long it took your device to receive the file and the unit it is using is megabits per second (Mbps).
- Upload speed is to determine the speed of internet connection in sending files to the device. For example, sharing photos to social media or sending messages.
- The indicator used to measure upload speed is still the same as download speed in megabits per second (Mbps).
- Then there is the Fast.com site launched by Netflix, to help users see the speed of their internet connection.
- How to use it, just click https://fast.com/id/ and let the system run itself to calculate internet speed, without having to press any buttons.
- Internet speed results will be displayed right in the center of the screen, along with a large number written in megabits per second (Mbps).
- Signing in to the Fast.com site, users are not charged a certain fee or free and are available for various countries.
- In fact, Fast.com can be accessed by various types of devices such as desktops, smartphones, tablets, to smart TVs as long as a browser is available.
- The next speed method is through the Meter.net website, so you don't have to bother downloading and adding storage capacity like applications.
- The completeness of the Meter.net service is almost the same as the speedtest, namely there is PING, download speed, and upload speed.
- The process of checking internet connection through Meter.net takes about 30 seconds and users only need to go to the https://www.meter.net/ site, then click 'START'.
- After pressing the 'START' button, let the system process and check, it will show PING, download speed and upload speed as final result.
4. Bandwidth Place
- How to find out the speed of the internet connection can also be through Bandwidth Place which was launched by an internet service provider company from Houston, Texas, in 2002.
- The features on the Bandwidth Place site are more or less the same as speedtest, namely providing PING, download speed, and upload speed.
- The difference is in the 'SERVER' Bandwidth Place service which serves to make it easier for users to choose where they are.
- In addition, Bandwidth Place is equipped with a column to detect the type of provider that is being used by the user.
- Access Bandwidth, just go to https://www.bandwidthplace.com/, then click 'START' on the orange logo and allow a few seconds to see the results.
5. Smart Speed
- Next is Speed Smart which can be accessed for free on the https://speedsmart.net/ site, and provides a downloadable version of the application on iOS and Android devices.
- The way Speed Smart works is also similar to the previous service. Users just need to open the access page or open the app on their phone and click on 'START SPEED'.
- The duration of knowing the speed of the internet connection at Speed Smart lasts about 40 seconds by displaying the results of PING, download speed, upload speed, provider, IP, server.
- Speed Smart site is considered more accurate and fast because it uses HTML5, unlike some other services such as Flash or Java.