This is the reason why some users prefer to create initial drafts using a desktop application such as Microsoft Word which has basic spelling and grammar checking options. Some users even subscribe to their browser's spell check feature.
However, using this tool means that you may miss errors when editing articles in WordPress.
For those of you who want to make an anti-error article, we have a special solution for you. In this article, we will show you how to test for grammar and spelling errors in WordPress.
Grammar and Check Spelling Options in the WordPress Post Editor
There are many WordPress plugins as well as several online tools to help improve your writing.
Automatically checks spelling and grammar as you write and sees mistakes, so you can correct them.
This is a free tool with paid upgrades for more features. With the free edition, you'll be able to fix critical grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes. The premium edition comes with advanced grammar, sentence structure, and stylistic features to further enhance your writing. The premium version also has a plagiarism detector which checks more than 16 billion web pages.
How to install Grammarly extension on your web browser
The easiest way to use Grammarly with WordPress is with their browser extension. It has free browser extensions for all major web browsers.
The best part about using the Grammarly browser is that it works on all websites. You can get instant proof for emails, social media posts, Google Docs, Slack and more.
You can install it by visiting the official Grammarly website. This will automatically give your browser and display a button for adding the extension.
Related - A good and correct grammar proofing tool
How to Add Grammarly Browser Extension to Chrome
You can click the button to start and follow the instructions on the screen.
Now that you have successfully added Grammarly to your browser, it will provide your suggestions in the WordPress post editor. It works with burnout, the new Gutenberg block editor and the old classic editor.
Just open up the WordPress post editor and start writing. Grammarly will correct in real time and will notify you of spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes.
Grammar suggestions on WordPress posts
- Just click on the underlined word to see suggested corrections.
- Fix one of the Grammar Posts in WordPress
- If you want to accept the suggestion, click the green requested word.
- If you want your sentence to be like that, you can click the 'Ignore' link next to the delete icon. Wrong on Grammarly's suggestion.
- At the bottom, you will see a 'See more in Grammarly' option. Open a new Grammarly window where you can see all the other Grammarly suggestions for your paragraph.
The Grammar window in the WordPress Post Editor
- As shown in the screenshot above, you can see your critical issues are highlighted in red and advanced problems are highlighted in yellow.
- Now you can review suggestions by clicking on the underlined word or phrase.
- After you have reviewed all of the Grammarly suggestions, you can click the 'Back to Edit Post' icon. Making a mistake will take you back to the WordPress post editor where the error reappears.
- Back in Edit Post in WordPress, after correcting your article, you can now go ahead and save your changes.