MyVanilla Visa card is a prepaid card that you can use at ATMs and shops that accept Visa.
They are similar to debit cards that are included with a checking account from a bank. You can order it online or pick it up and replenish it at some retail stores.
MyVanilla Visa card can be activated online on the MyVanilla website. Once activated, they can be topped up by direct deposit or cash at various retailers and used like a Visa debit card.
How to Activate MyVanilla Visa Card
- You can get a "starter pack" at retailers before receiving a permanent MyVanilla Visa Card by post, or simply request one from the MyVanilla website.
- You must activate it before you can use it, as you do with other Visa credit and debit cards. MyVanilla also offers a MasterCard branded card which works similarly. There is no purchase fee for the MyVanilla card when you register online.
- You can do this by registering on the MyVanilla website for an account. If you experience problems, you can call the MyVanilla customer support line at (855) 686-9513 for assistance.
How to Use MyVanilla Visa Card
- Once your card is activated, you can use it as you would any other Visa debit card. You can add funds to it with cash at various retailers such as Walmart, accept direct deposits through your company or check deposits using the MyVanilla mobile app. You can also transfer funds from one card to another.
- MyVanilla smartphone application can help you find a retailer where you can put money on your card or check your balance.
- Once you have money on the card, you can use it to make purchases at places that accept Visa debit cards or make withdrawals via ATMs.
- You may have to pay some fees at an off-network ATM, but you can find ATMs online at a lower cost via the MyVanilla website. You can also withdraw money from the card at Walmart for a fee.
Other Vanilla Products
- MyVanilla Visa is not the only Vanilla card product out there. Vanilla also offers prepaid gift cards, which you or the person you buy can use wherever a Visa card is accepted.
- Vanilla gift cards do not expire and are not credit cards, so no credit check is required. Gift cards do not need to be activated once purchased.
- You may also see signs advertising Vanilla Reload, which allows you to add funds to your MyVanilla card at various retailers.
- All you need to do is take your MyVanilla card to the cashiers at participating stores, give the cashier the amount you want to add to your account and swipe your card. The funds will be added to your card.