American Express Platinum credit card is one of the most profitable reward credit cards for travel.
New cardholders can get the appropriate bonus, and it is on top of the points earned from regular spending. This card also comes with a list of luxury travel perks including access to a spacious airport lounge, flight waiting credits, elite hotel status and more.
An annual fee is eligible for acceptance, but the rewards and card benefits keep the card gaining attention, especially in the first year.
Is an American Express Platinum credit card for you?
- If you travel a lot or plan on traveling in the future, then it's hard to beat the value offered by the American Express Platinum Card.
- You can use Uber credits, airline fee credits, and other perks, you will easily get them.
- If you are someone who can take advantage of airline and hotel transfer partners, then maybe you can earn more money.
- Either way, make sure you think about all the benefits this card has to offer and put them in the context of a sizable annual fee.
Rewards and gifts from platinum american express credit cards
- American Express Platinum card gives you the potential to earn a lot of rewards, but that's especially true if you're someone who spends a fortune on prepaid airfare and hotels.
- You will earn 5 points per dollar to $ 500,000 spent on air tickets booked in person or with American Express Travel each year, then 1 point per dollar and on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- American Express Membership Rewards Points do not expire as long as your account is open, and you can even accumulate your points from multiple Amex Membership Rewards cards into a single account.
How to redeem a gift from an amex platinum credit card
- Once you earn American Express Membership Rewards points, you can redeem them in a variety of ways. Regarding travel options, you have the opportunity to redeem your points for flights and other travel through American Express Travel.
- Your points are worth one cent each when redeemed for flights, but you will earn 0.7 cents each when exchanging them for prepaid hotels, car rentals and cruises.
- American Express Membership Rewards Points are also transferable to over a dozen popular airline and hotel partners. Among the most popular are Delta Airlines, British Airways Avios for American Airlines flights, and Air Canada Airplane.
- Another option is gift cards, which allow you to redeem your points for one cent each. You can also cover fees posted to your account at a rate of 0.6 cents per point, and you can use the rewards to enhance your trip.
Potential rewards from the amex platinum credit card
- To understand the potential rewards this card offers, let's take a look at how much the family can earn based on some real numbers and not just speculation.
- Suppose the average American Express Platinum Cardholder spends $ 1,755 on air tickets, earning 8,775 Membership Rewards. The remaining $ 24,655 will earn you 24,655 for a total of 33,430 Membership Rewards points in addition to the welcome bonus earned in just the first year.