American Express Centurion Card, a black credit card with an elegant design especially for those with fantastic income.First launched in 1999, this card remains a mystery to non-billionaires today.
How not to keep a mystery, if you have this credit card there are no clear conditions listed. The issuing banks of this card, namely American Express Centurion Bank and American Express Bank, FSB, do not have public information about the requirements for obtaining the card.
What is clear, to have a Centurion Card aka Black Card, a person must be registered as an American Express Platinum Card holder or an American Express Platinum Gold Card holder.
However, based on information obtained from cardholders and several card forums based in the United States, the following are the requirements for obtaining the card:
- Must have another American Express card & spend at least US $ 250,000 per year to get an invite
- One-time tax fee of US $ 10,000
- Annual fee of US $ 5,000
- Supplementary card fee of US $ 2,500 per card (maximum of 2 supplementary cards)
- Has a minimum annual tranche of US $ 1,000,000
- With an annual fee of US $ 5,000 and an initial fee of US $ 10,000, cardholders will expect extraordinary returns.
United States based cards come with several advantages such as:
- Get invitations to exclusive events, such as the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show or other well-known brands.
- Has airport lounge access.
- Get private jet rental facilities for traveling.
- Get attractive discounts from various five-star hotels, resorts to cruise ships.
- Platinum Medallion status with Delta passengers
- Diamond status at Hilton Honors
- Platinum Elite status at IHG Rewards Club
- Gold status at the Marriott Bonvoy
- Access to various lounges around the world
- $ 1000 credit on Saks Fifth Avenue
But in fact, for the points obtained, this card is classified as mediocre because it only gives 1 point per US $ 1. There are still many other credit cards in America that are much better, the Black Card.